Today is Monday, November 20, 2017
- The National Hockey League (NHL) ended their regular season over-time until World War II was over.
- Mickey Mantle was named the American League Most Valuable Player for the third time.
- Chick Hearn began a 3,000 game streak of play-by-play calls for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- A.C. Green played in his 907th straight game for the Dallas Mavericks.
- Eric Lindros (Philadelphia Flyers) tried to bite Marty McSorley (San Jose Sharks).
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Sports History.
|Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth|
- Lou Gehrig
July 4, 1939
Would you like to put On-This-Day.com Sports content on your website?
Click here to get started.