Today is Sunday, November 17, 2019
- The Chicago Black Hawks played their first game in the NHL.
- The Green Bay Packers became the first NFL team to travel by plane.
- NBC cut away from the final minutes of a New York Jets-Oakland Raiders game to begin a TV special, "Heidi," on schedule. The Raiders came from behind to beat the Jets 43-32.
- The NFL reduced its 16-game season to nine as a result of a 57-day players' strike.
- Mike Utley (Detroit Lions) suffered a spinal injury in a game against Los Angeles that left him paralyzed from the chest down.
- Mario Lemieux was voted into the NHL Hall of Fame.
- Barry Bonds (San Francisco Giants) became the first major league baseball player to receive six National League MVP awards.
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Sports History.
|Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth|
- Lou Gehrig
July 4, 1939