Today is Saturday, February 22, 2020
- Organized baseballís first game was played in San Francisco, CA.
- Wilt Chamberlain (Philadelphia Warriors) attempted 34 free throws in a game against St. Louis.
- Barbara Jo Rubin became the first woman to win a U.S. thoroughbred horse race.
- The U.S. beat the U.S.S.R. 4-3 in Olympic hockey en route to a gold medal.
- George Gervin (San Antonio Spurs) scored his 25,000th career point.
- Don Nelson (Golden State) won his 700th games as a coach.
- Glenn Anderson (Toronto Maple Leafs) became the 36th NHL player to score 1,000 points.
- The NFL and CBS Radio agreed to a new four-year contract for an annual 53-game package of games.
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Sports History.
|Today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face of the earth|
- Lou Gehrig
July 4, 1939