Today is Monday, January 25, 2021
- The first Baptist church meeting in Texas took place at Daniel Parker's home in present Anderson County.
- The Republic of Texas Congress adopted the Texas coat of arms, a white star with five points on an azure ground encircled by olive and live oak branches. In 1845 the designation was altered from Republic of Texas to State of Texas.
- The Daughters of the American Revolution donated The O. Henry Museum to the city of Austin. Originally it was the home of writer William Porter (O. Henry).
- Northeast of Huntsville, a German prisoner of war camp was deactivated.
- The Fort Worth Museum opened its facility on Montgomery Street.
2002 - Ken Hitchcock was fired as head coach of the Dallas Stars. He had a record of 277-160-60-6, five straight division titles and two Stanley Cup finals appearances. His post season record was 47-33.
2010 - In Arlington, TX, the International Bowling Museum and Hall of Fame had its grand opening.
|Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word.|
- Author John Steinbeck
More facts about Texas
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Texas History.