Today is Saturday, February 17, 2018
- The Big Horn Hot Springs were "placed under the control of the state board of charities and reform and forever set aside for the treatment and care of disease for sanitary and charitable purpose."
- The Wyoming Legislature passed a Memorial requesting the U.S. Congress to help the State by making an adequate appropriation for "feeding, protecting and otherwise preserving the big game which winters in great numbers within the confines of the State of Wyoming."
- Wyoming Governor Carey approved the "Corrupt Practices Act."
- The Murie Ranch Historic Disctric in Moose, WY, was designated a National Historic Landmark.
More facts about Wyoming
|The 'Texas Trail' was the highway over which a tide of cattle was moved from Southwestern and Western Texas to the northwestern states, including Indian Territory, Kansas, Western Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming Territory, North and South Dakota and Montana." |
- U.S. Senator John B. Kendrick on December 10, 1916
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Wyoming Daily History.