Today is Sunday, May 26, 2019
- Wyoming became part of Montana Territory.
- Frank Collins Emerson was born. He served as the 15th Governor of Wyoming from 1927 until his death in 1931.
- A magnitude 4.0 earthwquake occurred about 75 miles from the center of Casper, Riverton and Lander, WY.
- Laurence Rockefeller donated his Wyoming ranch to the national parks system. It was within the Grant Teton National Park and became part of the park in 2006.
More facts about Wyoming
|"In and about the Grand Canyon the rocks are nearly tinged a brilliant yellow."|
- Captain Jones, who visited the Upper Yellowstone River in 1873
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Wyoming Daily History.