Today is Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Charles Elliot, the new British charge d'affaires to Texas, arrived at the port of Galveston.
- In Laredo, TX, feminist folk artist Alice Dickerson Montemayor was born.
- Democratic Governor Elisha Pease was reelected over the American party candidate David Dickson by 10,000 votes to serve another term as the Governor of Texas.
- Houston oilman Ralph A. Johnston signed the deed transferring Paisano Ranch to the University of Texas.
- The USS Fort Worth (LCS-3) departed from Marinette Marine Corp. shipyard in Marinette, WI, on its way to her commissioning site in Galveston, TX.
- The trial of Nidal Malik Hasan began at Fort Hood, TX. In 2009, Hasan killed 13 and wounded at least 28 others at a deployment readiness center at Fort Hood.
More facts about Texas
|There is a freedom you feel the closer you get to Austin.|
- Willie Nelson
Sign up for the Weekly Texas History Newsletter here.
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Texas History.