Today is Sunday, April 11, 2021
- Francisco Xavier Mina and his men arrived at the mouth of the Santander River. They had left Galveston on Apri 7 with the mission of driving the forces of Spanish king Ferdinand VII from Mexico. After minor victories Mina was captured and eventually executed at Fort San Gregorio.
- In downtown Dallas, the Majestic Theatre opened.
- Seito Saibara died. In 1903, he founded a Japanese colony of 30 families in Webster and started a successful rice farming industry.
- In Irving, TX, Texas Stadium was imploded.
- Jaime Benn (Dallas Stars) scored four points against the Nashville Predators to win the NHL's Art Ross Trophy with a season total of 87 points.
More facts about Texas
|Some folks look at me and see a certain swagger, which in Texas is called "walking."|
- George W. Bush
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Texas History.