Today is Saturday, July 24, 2021
- At Fort Fillmore, AZ, Lt. Col. John Robert Baylor led 300 men of the Confederate Second Texas Mounted Rifles in an assault on Union forces under Maj. Isaac Lynde.
- The town of Kyle was established. David E. Moore and Fergus Kyle deeded 200 acres for a townsite to the International-Great Northern Railroad.
- Josephine Lucchese was born in San Antonio. She was known in Europe as the "American Nightingale."
- Near Houston, construction of Camp Logan began. The site was eventually used to create Memorial Park.
- The Texas Rodeo Cowboy Hall of Fame officially opened in Fort Worth. It had been in Belton, TX, for 35 years.
More facts about Texas
|Texas is a state of mind. Texas is an obsession. Above all, Texas is a nation in every sense of the word.|
- Author John Steinbeck
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Texas History.