Today is Friday, January 24, 2020
- John Milton Thayer was born. He was appointed Governor of the Territory of Wyoming by President Ulysses S. Grant. He served from 1875 to 1878. He also served as the Governor of Nebraska from 1887 to 1892.
- Funds to rebuild the penetentiary in Laramie City were approved by Congress. The site had been destoryed by fire.
- General George Cook stated that there was no military need to keep troops at Fort Fred Steele or Fort Sanders.
- The City of Lander, WY, became a First Class City.
More facts about Wyoming
|The 'Texas Trail' was the highway over which a tide of cattle was moved from Southwestern and Western Texas to the northwestern states, including Indian Territory, Kansas, Western Nebraska, Colorado, Wyoming Territory, North and South Dakota and Montana." |
- U.S. Senator John B. Kendrick on December 10, 1916
Like this topic here!
Tomorrow in Wyoming Daily History.